Get Healthy and Go Places: Purchase of PhilCare prepaid cards yields GetGo Rewards points
PhilCare believes that the path to wellness goes beyond having an effective health care coverage or an immediate access to medical providers. To be truly healthy means taking the time to enjoy life’s little pleasures while ensuring that you are protected for medical emergencies at all time.
This is the vision behind PhilCare’s latest partnership with GetGo Rewards by Cebu Pacific, a lifestyle program that allows card holders to accumulate points on everyday spending and redeem these points for free flights. GetGo points can be earned from buying groceries, paying utility bills, refilling the car with gasoline, and now—even when taking care of your health.
To kick off the partnership between two brands, PhilCare and GetGo has launched “Get Healthy. Go Places” which will give as much as 750 GetGo points for every purchase of one of PhilCare’s prepaid health cards. PhilCare prepaid health cards included in the promo include ER Vantage cards, Medical and Dental cards, Health Vantage cards and Health Vantage Elite cards. PhilCare members are automatically eligible for a GetGo cards upon purchase of any of the prepaid health cards mentioned above.
“PhilCare has always advocated for a 360 degree view on health and wellness. We have addressed the need for affordable and accessible health care products by offering our prepaid cards, starting from the ER Vantage cards, with 40K, 60K and 80K maximum benefit limits which allows access to medical providers for emergency health concerns; and then we supplemented it with the introduction of the Health Vantage and Health Vantage Elite cards, which offers a more comprehensive and extensive one-year emergency health care coverage; and finally, to answer the clamor for an unlimited consultation card to complement ER Vantage, we introduced our Medical and Consultation cards for kids, adults and senior citizens early this year. The partnership with GetGo meanwhile addresses our belief for over-all wellness and health,” shared Noemi G. Azura, president and chief executive officer (CEO) for PhilCare.
By partnering with GetGo, Azura hopes that PhilCare members will be more inspired to travel discover new places and get much needed R&R. Traveling keeps the brain and body healthier, according to a study published in MarketWatch. It’s also said to lower the risk of heart attack and death from coronary disease in certain groups, while the new and complex situations encountered while traveling can also help keep the brain sharp. The “Get Healthy Go Places” promo is just the first in a series as part of the partnership between PhilCare and GetGo Rewards which will run until March 20, 2017.
“PhilCare is committed to continuously innovate in order to give our members a different perspective of the health care industry and to provide best-in-class customer experience. We started by offering the first NFC-enabled HMO card in the Philippines, introducing prepaid health cards, and now, we are partnering with organizations and businesses that are well-known for their wellness programs and benefits,” adds Azura.
The summer heat in the metro can get unbearable sometimes and all you want to do is jump into the closest pool to just cool down. So why not make it a regular thing? You’ll be amazed at the benefits you get from taking that plunge. But don’t let the heat be the only reason for you to start those regular laps in your pool. Here’s a few more to really give you that extra motivation to get into swimming.
Do it for your health
As a swimmer, you gain muscle strength throughout the entire body since you utilize more muscle groups as you move through the water and helps with overall flexibility.
It’s not just for your physical health
The health benefits of swimming don’t just end with the physical benefits. A research by Mindlab International reported that taking a regular dip at your local pool could make you feel happier. More studies suggest it also helps with stress relief and self-esteem.
It could make you smarter
According to a Journal of Physiology study, blood flow to the brain increased by up to 14% when men submerged themselves in water up to their heart. Though this could mean more brain activity for you, don’t get your hopes too high. The real magic is with the kids! In an Australian research, it showed that kids who took swimming lessons were able to master language development, fine motor skills, confidence, and physical development sooner than those who didn’t. Don’t you just wish you took swimming lessons as a kid?
Yes, all forms of exercise can produce greater health and longevity, several studies point to swimming as the winner. A study done by the University of South Carolina in a span of 32 years involving 40,547 men, aged 20 to 90, showed that swimmers had a 50% lower death rate than runners, walkers, or men who didn’t exercise.
While there is a ton of other ways you can stay fit this summer, you might want to stay cool while doing so. Swimming, my dear friends, is the answer. Also, wouldn’t summers by our beautiful beaches be more enjoyable if you could swim as much as you wanted?
Anyone can do it
Whether you’re an athlete, a pregnant mom, or just someone who wants to start a regular exercise, swimming is a great workout as it helps enhance your cardiovascular fitness with very minimal risk of injury.
To get started this summer, why not enroll in a swimming school? Like all exercises, it’s always more effective when we approach learning under the supervision of professionals who use a technically sound and enjoyable form of instruction. With a combined local and international teaching experience of over 40 years, swimming with Streamline Sports Instruction will definitely be an experience you and your kids will enjoy.
“Swimming is for everyone. You can learn at any age and still be good at it, with the right teaching approach,” shares Noy Basa, Co-Founder and Head Coach of Streamline Sports Instruction. “We believe in the importance of a healthy and active lifestyle through sports and learning how to swim is a step towards that direction,” ends Basa.
Go on, grab your goggles, and take a lap with us!
For more information, you can check out the Streamline Sports Instruction Facebook page.
Company Name: Streamline Sports Instruction, Inc. Business Address: 426 Chateau Verde Condominium, Valle Verde 1, Pasig City
General Business Activities
Streamline Sports Instruction was established in 2014 as a swim coaching business with an expanding interest in triathlon coaching and multi-sport events. Streamline currently provides high quality swim instruction at venues around the Makati, Pasig, Quezon City, and Taguig area. SSI caters to people of all ages – from infants under 1 year old to adults in their 70s, and of all skill levels – from those who would only like to conquer their fear of the water, to those who participate or compete in swimming and multisport events. Our Vision
• Streamline Sports Instruction believes in the importance of sports for a healthy and active lifestyle.
• We provide our students with a professional, technically sound and enjoyable form of swim instruction. We aim to provide a better understanding and appreciation of swimming, as well as enhance skills to achieve desired fitness levels and/or athletic goals. We do this by cultivating long term relationships with our students in order to help them become better, fitter and more confident versions of themselves. As an added benefit we also give them access to great deals and discounts to premium products from our partner brands.
• Our long term goal is to be the leading school in sports instruction by a providing the best quality instruction services, that caters to our students’ individual needs.
• Within the next two years (2018) we aim to have a major presence around Metro Manila by partnering with venues in key areas, and serve a significant number of clients; to increase the company’s assets and investments to support the growth in clients serviced; to build a solid reputation and become a key player in the sports instruction industry What Sets Us Apart
We have a combined local and international teaching experience of over 40 years. Our coaching team is a synergy of various swimmers — Philippine record holders, triathletes, and national water polo players — who share a passion for teaching and the joy of swimming. The methodologies of world-renowned swimming institutions such as Austswim, Total Immersion, and World Aquatic Baby Convention have also been adopted and integrated into the curriculum of the Streamline Sports Instruction swimming program. If you’re looking for quality instruction and a genuine commitment to help you or your child learn one of life’s most enjoyable yet vital skills, you’ve come to the right place! Who We Are
Noy was a competitive swimmer at the age of 10, up to his sophomore year at the Ateneo de Manila University, and has competed in various international age-group swim events. He then pursued a career in sales and operations, but later on followed his passion to teach children and adults of all ages and skill levels. He has since coached hundreds of triathletes to overcome their fear of the water, and to become stronger swimmers and accomplish their performance goals. Noy has facilitated a number of Total Immersion adult swim workshops both here and in Hong Kong. He is currently a competitive endurance athlete racing with Revv Triathlon Team, with numerous podium finishes in aquathlons, open water swims, and triathlons under his belt. Most recently he was the fastest Filipino finisher in the 2015 Ironman in Melbourne, Australia. ALVIN ANG
After briefly working as a securities trader, Alvin went on to pursue his love of coaching sports for children’s swimming, football and ultimate frisbee. For the past 17 years he has been teaching swimming to infants and adults, ranging from 8 months to 70 years old and has attended various seminars for Total Immersion, Austswim, Red Cross (life saving) and World Aquatics Babies Convention (WABC). He also worked with Total Immersion Philippines teaching in Manila and Hong Kong. Alvin is a passionate sportsman, and has competed across swimming, archery and football up to collegiate level. As an adult he has competed in Ultimate Frisbee at international level and became the first president of the Philippine Ultimate Association (PUA). He has taught the sport in various schools and cities and founded, managed, and coached the “Discdevils”, one of the first Ultimate Frisbee teams of the sport in the country. AL GONZALES
Al received his Teacher’s Certificate from Total Immersion USA after being mentored by its founder, Terry Laughlin. He subsequently took part in coaching workshops and triathlon camps in the United States as well as in the Asia-Pacific. He also trained under fellow Total Immersion coach Shinji Takeuchi in 2013. His coaching practice is both technical and psychological focusing on how a solid connection between mind and body in the water leads to a better stroke. Al began his journey as an athlete in 2000, when he joined the University of the Philippines Triathlon Club. As an active member of the group, he took part in several events and was the youngest participant in the First Philippine Long-Distance Triathlon (First full Iron distance race in the Philippines – 3.8 km swim, 180 km bike, 42 km run) held in Batangas in 2002. He then went on to compete in races under the Triathlon Association of the Philippines (TRAP), the International Triathlon Union (ITU), and USA Triathlon, garnering medals in his age group, which inspired him towards a coaching career as a swim instructor. He now races with REVV Triathlon Team. MIKE ADVINCULA
Mike started swimming competitively at the De La Salle University. Under the guidance of Olympian and DLSU Green Tankers Coach Guy Concepcion, he made it to the varsity team and eventually became team captain. He then led the swim team to 2 UAAP Championships Team, and won medals both locally and abroad. He continues to participate in various swim events around the country. Recently he completed the Caramoan (Bicol) Open Sea/Island Hopping Swim Challenge last July 2015 involving a 7- kilometer stretch where he finished second for his age group. He is currently a Registered Financial Consultant, art hobbyist and swim coach training students of all ages.
Our Swim Programs
First Swim: Infants and Toddlers (ages 1 to 4 years)
We use a learning-through play, non-traumatic approach where we sing songs, play games, and use toys for the children to have fun and for them to have an enjoyable experience. The 30 minute classes aim to teach the following water safety and familiarization skills:
• Buoyancy or threading • dipping their head in the water and holding their breath when submerged • going in and out of the pool safely • diving and floating on their backs
The Aquanauts: Learn to Swim/Advanced Kids
Breath control, buoyancy and propulsion are what the kids will learn first. Once these safety and familiarization skills are covered, learning the four strokes (freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly) comes much more easily. The Aquanauts Program consists of the following levels:
Starfish: Water Safety Skills
• relaxed breathing • proper posture in the water • dipping head in the water • floating on the back
Beaver: Propulsion in the Water
• flutter kicks • floating on back while kicking • rotation, gliding, and propulsion
Guppy: Intro to the Long Axis Strokes (basic freestyle and backstroke)
• catch-up straight-arm freestyle drills with flutter kicks for freestyle • rotation on the back with arm drills for backstroke
Shark: Long Axis Stroke Refinement
• advanced freestyle drills, with high elbow, proper arm timing and rotation • advanced back stroke drills, with proper arm timing and rotation
Dolphin: Intro to the Short Axis Strokes (breast stroke and butterfly)
• undulation drills (body dolphins) for breaststroke and butterfly • froggy kicks and pull drills for breaststroke • arm drills with undulation for butterfly Race Ready: Swim Squad
It’s all about speed and power through the water without compromising form and efficiency. Your kids will gain the confidence to perform in a competitive aquatic environment. We’ll get them race ready and be the best swimmers they can possibly be! Our Triathlon Programs
Swim-Bike-Run 101: Triathlon Workshop for Beginners
Basic information on what it takes to finish your first triathlon
• Training principles for swimming, biking and running, and how to integrate this with your day-to-day responsibilities • The importance of having an efficient swim technique to cover longer distances • Key info on cycling gear and maintenance, safety, and ideal bike routes for training • Having an efficient running form to finish strong • Training and race nutrition
Triathlon Training Programs: Quarterly Packages for Triathletes-In-Training
Personalized training programs and workouts based on the athlete’s skill and fitness levels, and the race(s) he is training for. Periodic assessments will be done to track progress. Since the swim is the most challenging and technical discipline among the three, at least 2 weekly sessions are recommended. The program includes:
• Guidelines on training progression, training on tired days, rest days, and missed sessions • Descriptions of varying workout intensity levels • Race tips and tactics
Ascent: Paving the Way for Filipino Nurses to Realize their Dream
According to statistics, Filipino nurses are very active in looking for better opportunities in the US. In fact, even as early as high school, many are set to make nursing their ticket out of the country and for some, out of poverty.
However, earning one’s nursing degree and acquiring their Philippine license are just some of the first few steps before they realize their dream. Aside from having the required work experience, there are additional certifications and licenses needed to be able to practice in the US. Aside from investing time and effort, there is also a substantial amount of money needed to facilitate and complete the requirements.
Raphael Macapagal, President and CEO of Ascent, shared that he was moved with what he saw before that there are 2,000 registered nurses in the Philippines who do not have work. Being a seasoned professional in the Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) sector who managed and led companies connected to different verticals including healthcare, he saw the opportunity to bridge the gap recognizing that there are hundreds of thousands of nurses needed in the US.
“The missing piece is the US license, and this is where we come in,” Macapagal pointed out. A 100% Filipino-owned and managed recruitment, consulting, and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company, Ascent is making it possible for Philippine-registered nurses to turn this dream into reality. Established in 2015, Ascent is making it its advocacy to not only pave the way for our Filipino nurses to achieve their goal of working in the US but also hoping that, in the process, be able to encourage them to choose to stay in the Philippines. Ascent believes in the value of being with your Family is more precious than any money.
Through the expertise of the company’s executive team, headed by Macapagal, Ascent is able to design a product that can shoulder qualified Filipino nurses to undergo the process and required tests that will allow them to acquire their US license. Through their partners, they will be also be able to provide free review until their licensure exam plus, provide them employment so they no longer need to worry about their source of income.
“This is a unique scheme and we are happy to pioneer and be able to help our skilled and deserving Filipino nurses. Through the plan that we designed, all they need to worry about is passing the exam,” he stressed.
Ascent will be processing the papers on behalf of the applicants. Simultaneously, they will be employed in one of Ascent’s partner BPOs where they will be trained and gain experience.
He explained that they hope to address and correct the misconception connected to nurses working in the BPOs. Some have the notion that working in the BPO is not doing nursing work. In reality, their scope of work is highly related to healthcare. They do clinical work, only remotely. After the Filipino nurses gain their US license, Ascent requires them to work with their partner organizations for two years.
“Being a US registered nurse will definitely give them a premium and this will reflect on their salary when they go and work with our partner organizations. We hope that through this effort we can convince them that there is an opportunity here in the Philippines. They don’t need to leave. Here, they can experience working in the US with a premium salary without having to leave their family and loved ones. There are opportunities in the Philippines,” he said.
Nevertheless, Macapagal added, if after two years they will choose to leave and work abroad, Ascent will also help them with opportunities through their connections in the US.
If you want to learn more about Ascent and how to be part of their nursing pool, visit ascent.net.ph or call 534-0033.
Every first in a child’s life is wonderful. Every first touch, first smile, first word and all other “first” milestones will be cherished by loved ones forever. Capture these moments, treasure these, and make these more special by dressing-up the little ones with Babies’ Fashion Firsts from SM Babies.
01.My First Blessing exquisite baptismal dress for baby girls from SM Babies
02. My First Blessing baptismal gown for little boys from SM Babies
03. My First Party will be memorable pretty in pink spaghetti strap dress with a bow from SM Babies
04. This fun floral dress from SM Babies is perfect for My First Party
05. This nautical outfit will make waves for the little boy on his first party
My First Blessing has adorable baptismal gowns adorned with of silk, satin and lace. My First Party has outfits that will make baby step out in style for his or her first special occasion. My First Playsuit is great for active toddlers to wear during playtime or traveling in style.
06. My First Playsuit – a casual denim dress from SM Babies
07. A classic denim is tops from SM Babies
08. Playtime is fashionably fun time with SM Babies
09. Make his first party extra fun with comfy clothes
10. It’s never too early to be fashionable at SM Babies
The collection is available at the Children’s Wear – Babies Section at all SM Store Nationwide.
**Be updated with what’s new for your baby through SM Babies Facebook and Instagram pages.
This summer, there’s more fun in the sun with Toy Kingdom’s collection of amazing toys for the great outdoors. Inspired by well- loved characters such as Star Wars, Marvel, Frozen, Disney Princess, Minnie, Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol, these are perfect making a splash in the pool, lounging outdoors, or riding the streets.
1. Amazing Star War’s Inflatable vest.
2. Star Wars Inflatable swim ring with graphics inspired by the movie’s well-loved characters.
3. Bring the force in the water with Star Wars Inflatable armbands, rash guard and trunks (each sold separately).
4. Be summer ready with Captain America rash guard and trunks matched with this Fun character combo set: snorkel, goggles and fins (sold separately).
5. Spiderman Interactive Pool is made with sturdy pre tested vinyl and features safety valves and repair patch. Includes 6 game balls for fun play.
6. Iron Man and Spiderman Ride on Toy box. Your favorite heroes come in this cool toy storage with 3-in-1 features: ride it, pull it and take it with you. Includes a dual-purpose strap used for pulling or carrying.
There are cool inflatables in colorful fun filled designs, cute kiddie pools, as well as frame pools that are easy to assemble and come in huge sizes for the entire family. Toy Kingdom also has swim essentials, floaters, splashers, beach toys, water guns and bubble blasters for a real water fun adventure.
7. Spiderman 3 wheel scooter for little riders.
8. Have fun lounging outdoor with this Paw Patrol Patio set. The set includes a table w/ umbrella and 2 folding patio chairs.
9. Make a splash with this Paw Patrol Play ball.
10. Kinetic Sand Paw Patrol Adventure Bay Beach Playset lets you mold your favorite Paw Patrol pups at Adventure Bay Beach! Features 3 colors of Kinetic Sand, 3 unique pup molds and Ryder character stand. Just open up the box and create Rubble, Chase and Marshall.
11. Frozen rash guard set matched with a Fun character combo set: snorkel, goggles and fin (sold separately).
12. Frozen 16” bike for the royal riders.
Kids can also enjoy an amazing ride with Toy Kingdom’s collection of wheels, pedal toys and cruisers. There are bikes, trikes and scooters that come in different colors and sizes. There’s also more fun outdoors with play sets and furniture.
13. Elsa and Olaf Bubble toppers.
14. Play like a pro with this Disney Frozen Golf Caddy Play set, which includes clubs, balls, holes and flags!
15. Kinetic Sand Frozen Character Playset. Recreate Anna’s special birthday scene from Frozen Fever with blue, shimmering gold and shimmering white Kinetic Sand to mold characters and beautiful cakes inside the palace walls.
16. Make some splash with Peppa Pig Kid’s swimsuit. Goggles sold separately.
17. Peppa Pig Igloo Tent for great fun outdoors.
18. Peppa Pig Giant Foam Floor Puzzle features Peppa Pig, George, Mummy and Daddy Pig on a picnic outside their campervan. The 90cm x 90cm foam floor puzzle can connect to other foam puzzles with different characters! Kids will also develop problem solving and hand-eye coordination aside having fun through this fun filled puzzle.
These finds and more summer treats are available at all Toy Kingdom Express outlets in SM Stores and Toy Kingdom stores in most SM Supermalls. Also visithttp://www.toykingdom.ph; ToyKingdomPH at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; #TKGoOutandPlay.
Summertime is playtime, and there’s a lot of action at the Hot Wheels Epic Race Qualifying rounds on April 16-17 at SM BF Parañaque, April 23-24 at SM San Lazaro and Semi Finals on May 14 and Finals on May 15 both at SM Mall of Asia. The Boom Co Blast Better Summer Explosion Finals, on the other hand, will be held on April 22-23 at the SM MOA Music Hall.
It’s also a great time to meet new toy friends. Peppa Pig will have a Meet & Greet on April 16-17 at SM Megamall Atrium and April 20-21 at SM North Edsa City Center. Other characters kids can Meet and Greet: Paw Patrol on April 29 to 30 at SM MOA Music Hall; Power Rangers Dino Charge on April 30-May 1 at SM MOA Main Mall and on May 6-8 at the SM Megamall Event Center; and Shopkins Shopville Manila, which will also have a swapkins and dress up on May 6-8 at SM MOA Atrium.